The Unexpected Everything - Morgan Matson A Wicked Thing - Rhiannon Thomas The Archived - Victoria Schwab The Girl at Midnight - Melissa Grey Anna and the French Kiss (Anna & the French Kiss 1) by Stephanie Perkins (2014) Paperback - Stephanie Perkins Asylum - Madeleine Roux Illuminae - Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

This summer is the 2016 Bi-Annual Bibliothon! This is an exciting event in which a bunch of people on the internet come together, read some books, and make some videos! (I will not be participating in the last one.)

The official reading challenges are here: Reading Challenges Video

I've finally decided what I'm going to read! Here's the list. (Man, am I going to regret having to review all these.)

1. Group Book - The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

I'm terrified of contemporaries. Terrified. John Green is about as far as I'll go, and every bad contemporary I read will make me scurry back into my cave and swear off contemporaries. Again. Honestly, this is starting to get ridiculous. But, since making myself participate in this readathon is pretty much forcing myself to read a contemporary against my will, I should be making some progress.

Everyone frickin' loves Morgan Matson, and I'll be honest, I really hyped myself for this. A lot. Please let it be good. PLEASE let a contemporary be good. I need to have a good contemporary that I like that wasn't written by John Green. PLEASE.

2. Wild Card Book - A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas

I picked this up after searching Barnes and Noble for a new random paperback (that's most of my book collection, by the way). It's kind of a retelling of sleeping beauty, in which the main character comes back to life after being kissed by this random dude, and instead of what happened in the normal, totally outlandish version, the main character is not in love with this freaking random dude.

Maybe I'll be disappointed, but I really, really need a book where the main character is not in love with this freaking random dude. Also witches. Also adventure. Also a random paperback.

3. A Recommended Book - The Archived by Victoria Schwab

So, the hosts of the readathon each gave a recommendation that is underrated. A lot of those looked like contemporaries, so I went with a fantasy/paranormal thing about dead bodies.

oooooooooooooo

4. A Book With Your Favorite Mythical Creature - The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey

I wanted to read a book with mermaids. Because I really like mermaids. But then I realized that any book I could think of with mermaids was kind of off limits to me because I still had books out from the library that were a week or so overdue...

So, instead of just turning those books in and just accepting the fact that I wasn't going to finish them, I picked a book off my own shelf and decided that, hey, I really enjoyed the way Laini Taylor wrote the chimera characters in Daughter of Smoke and Bone and the whole reason I picked up The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey was because of the summary, which kind of reminded me of Daughter of Smoke and Bone because of the race of people called the Avicen with magic and feathers.

So, if anyone asks me what my favorite mythical creature is, I'm just going to say...that.

5. A Book You've Been Putting Off - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

This book is one of the most hyped books on the internet. This is part of the reason I've been wanting to read it since I first heard about it. Most of the people I watch on YouTube love it and think it's adorable, and since I'm on a mission to find a contemporary that I like, I'm going for a super hyped one that I've been wanting to read but have been hesitant

And it better be so FREAKING adorable...

6. An Author You've Never Read - Asylum by Madeleine Roux

I decided to counter adorable with terrifying. *shrugs*

7. A New Format - Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

I took a peek at the first few pages, and let me just say, I'd love to read a book that's just a conglomeration of fictional official documents. That sounds so cool.

Dammit I wish I didn't have to wait until the 3rd of July. I hate this now.